Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spaz day

Okay so I’m not actually all that happy about this drawing. For starters the hands are terrible as always and just don’t look right, they’re too small. The next bad point is his hair is way too straight now that I look at it properly. Also, the ears are too small, and his neck, head and legs are too thin. The wings I am reasonably happy with but I do feel that they seem too flat. So this drawing is a bit of a failure in my quest to get better at drawing, but they do say you learn from your mistakes so with any luck I will.

Here are a couple of bits of 2541 that I was just practicing drawing: his face, the eyes in particular. As you can see I attempted to draw an eye with a teardrop, though I’m not sure I succeeded in doing it very well.

Over the past few days I’ve been thinking quite a bit about 2541’s background story. You already know of course that he was created to be soldier. Well he actually quite enjoyed his life as a soldier because of how he got to kill a lot of people, like I mentioned in my previous post he’s a tad bloodthirsty. Well actually he’s very bloodthirsty, which is why you so do not want to mess with him. I’m not entirely sure how he ended up on the street rather than still being a soldier but he doesn’t mind all that much because he’s found there’s plenty of people who nobody would miss so he can satisfy his thirst with them.

That thirst for blood is quite literal with him at times too. I came to a conclusion on the reason for his fangs, which is that when his squad reached a certain age (whilst they're still teenagers) their CO had them all made into vampires so that they have accelerated healing and won’t age. This of course makes them the perfect fighters, they now have enhanced senses and healing as well as immortality on top of the superiority of their genetic make-up. The reason he has a scar is because it is from before they were made into vampires and sent out into the field on missions, he acquired it in a training session with a team mate.

On another completely unrelated but pretty cool note I discovered this treat on YouTube. It is a tour round the Nintendo museum in Osaka, complete with a couple of the men who work there and are creators of Virtual Boy, Nintendogs and Super Mario Kart.

No comments: