Monday, March 26, 2007

2541 remembers

Woohoo I am so proud of this drawing. ^.^ I had some help with the position from a friend though, she did a vague sketch of how I was sitting at the time and had me draw my character over it. It really helped even though I messed up a little on the feet and the position they’re in changed a bit. You can actually see his runes tattoo in this drawing too. By the way they mean ‘I trust you to kill me’ which I thought was nice and ironic for him. Death is a pretty big part of his life and he’s really comfortable with it.

His wings are smaller here because of how he’s sitting down and I didn’t know how I would draw huge wings on him like that. I’ve attempted to give his body a bit more shape this time by using this perspective and positioning as well as giving him muscle tone on his chest and arms and adding some shading to his wings. I think the hands are improving a little in this drawing too, so I’m pretty happy about that. Also, I’ve changed his feet so that they are more paw-like, though they’re slightly too small I think.

He’s looking pretty sad and upset in this drawing. His tail is wrapped around him in an attempt to comfort himself. I was imagining him remembering a bad experience from when he was a soldier; perhaps he was a little overzealous in a training session and killed his friend.

Here’s a coloured in version of the drawing that my friend did, she really wanted to for some reason. As you can see she’s much better at it than me and has added to the sad image by placing him on a little stool in the corner of a dark room.

No comments: