Monday, March 12, 2007

Sanjō! 2541!

On with the show woohoo! Okay so the idea I’ve come up with for my manga character is this green haired teenage boy who has these beautiful red feathered wings. He also has a tail, vampire fangs and a long thin scar down through his left eye. I think the scar is both pretty cool and adds some mystery to the guy. Another mysterious thing I’ve given him is a barcode tattooed onto his chest just below his left collarbone. The image I have of him in my head is that he was a soldier created by mixing various animal DNA. The name I’ve given to my character is actually simply a number: 2541. It was his designation in the army and he has never cared about having a real name so he simply doesn’t have one. Him being created by mixing human and animal DNA, and the barcode, is influenced by the American television show Dark Angel, which is in fact basically a copy of the manga series Battle Angel Alita with a few things changed.

Anyway here is my first picture of him along with one where I’ve coloured it using Photoshop.



By the way this is the exact barcode

No comments: