Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good little warrior, say goodbye now

Sadly, today is my last post. However, I have worked really hard on this last piece. The only shame is that you can see work coming through from the other side of the paper. Looking at this drawing next to my first one really makes me realise how much better I’ve got. I’m so hugely proud of this one I could leap right up into space. But I won’t because the lack of air and other physical factors would make me explode and I don’t want to do that right now.

My idea for this drawing was for him to be standing very proudly in the middle of a large field that is littered with mangled corpses and flowing red with blood. So kawaii. ^.^ Unfortunately I’m not skilled enough to even attempt to do a background like that so I have simply drawn him. I’ve finally managed to get several things right all in one drawing which is brilliant. The shape of both his head and hair (note the shading) are good; the body proportions are correct; his wings are pretty good; I managed to draw folds that look good in his shirt along with some tears and blood trickles; and his legs and feet aren’t too bad. So there is much happiness and jumping up and down. I guess like they say practice really does make perfect.

On a last and final note here is something really cool. This man is so amazing he has made this model of Gundam entirely out of paper. Be amazed.

No comments: